These women are set to revive the agricultural sector

Nedumbassery: A group of women are determined to rebuild the agricultural sector by setting out into the fields at Kurumasserry. They are trained in machine-aided coconut tree climbing, sowing seeds on the fields, harvesting, and also in driving tractors. Training sessions are being offered under the state government's Mahila Kisan Shaktikaran Pariyojana project.

The project aims to revive the agricultural sector in the area which was destroyed by the floods, and also to financially empower women by providing job opportunities. Women are being trained to handle agricultural machinery efficiently, like the machine-aided coconut tree climbing, sapling sowing, harvesting machine and driving a tractor.

Units of 10 members will be formed after the training sessions are completed. Farming activities will be done under the cooperative units. 60% of the income would be distributed to the members as remuneration, and the rest 40% would be utilized for the maintenance of the machinery.

The women are being trained by a Palakkad-based farming organization called the Women's West Federation Labour Bank. In the initial phase, 20 women are given training in various agricultural methods and machinery. Team leader Usha Baburaj says that they have received an overwhelming response from the society immediately after they announced the project.

The comments posted here/below/in the given space are not on behalf of Onmanorama. The person posting the comment will be in sole ownership of its responsibility. According to the central government's IT rules, obscene or offensive statement made against a person, religion, community or nation is a punishable offense, and legal action would be taken against people who indulge in such activities.