Certificates for school-college admission: What you need to know

Higher secondary admission
Representation image | Shutterstock images

For school-college admission and applying for jobs, various certificates need to be obtained from government offices and submitted along with the application. As part of e-governance, the Kerala government has set up a system through which several documents can be obtained online for free.

Documents for each purpose
• Educational document for caste certificate: SSLC book
• Proof of native place: Birth certificate/ 5 years of schooling / for those from other states, via the village officer.
• Minority - SSLC book
• Residence: Aadhaar card
• Life certificate - Jeevan Praman
• Relationship certificate - If it is mentioned in ration card, school certificate, Aadhaar or passport, then no other certificate is needed.
• Family membership: Ration card
• Identification certificate: In case of no ID documents, obtain the photo-affixed certificate from the gazetted officer.

Important sites:
Birth certificate: https://erp.lsgkerala.gov.in/erp/guest/cert/br
• Income/caste/ minority/ nativity/ community certificate - https://edistrict.kerala.gov.in
• Vocational higher secondary admission: https://vhscap.kerala.gov.in
• Pre-matric scholarship - 9, 10 | Post-matric scholarship - from plus-one onwards; stipend for the economically-weak, employability enhancement for backward classes, grants for meritorious students - https://egrantz.kerala.gov.in.
• National scholarship portal - https://scholarships.gov.in
• Scholarships in directorate of collegiate education - http://collegiateedu.kerala.gov.in (click on the scholarship link)
• Aspire scholarship - https://aspirescholarship.org  

The comments posted here/below/in the given space are not on behalf of Onmanorama. The person posting the comment will be in sole ownership of its responsibility. According to the central government's IT rules, obscene or offensive statement made against a person, religion, community or nation is a punishable offense, and legal action would be taken against people who indulge in such activities.