For school-college admission and applying for jobs, various certificates need to be obtained from government offices and submitted along with the application. As part of e-governance, the Kerala government has set up a system through which several documents can be obtained online for free.
Documents for each purpose
• Educational document for caste certificate: SSLC book
• Proof of native place: Birth certificate/ 5 years of schooling / for those from other states, via the village officer.
• Minority - SSLC book
• Residence: Aadhaar card
• Life certificate - Jeevan Praman
• Relationship certificate - If it is mentioned in ration card, school certificate, Aadhaar or passport, then no other certificate is needed.
• Family membership: Ration card
• Identification certificate: In case of no ID documents, obtain the photo-affixed certificate from the gazetted officer.
• Birth certificate: https://erp.lsgkerala.gov.in/erp/guest/cert/br
• Income/caste/ minority/ nativity/ community certificate - https://edistrict.kerala.gov.in
• Vocational higher secondary admission: https://vhscap.kerala.gov.in
• Pre-matric scholarship - 9, 10 | Post-matric scholarship - from plus-one onwards; stipend for the economically-weak, employability enhancement for backward classes, grants for meritorious students - https://egrantz.kerala.gov.in.
• National scholarship portal - https://scholarships.gov.in
• Scholarships in directorate of collegiate education - http://collegiateedu.kerala.gov.in (click on the scholarship link)
• Aspire scholarship - https://aspirescholarship.org