There are many central government scholarships on offer now. Applications for schemes can be submitted till October 31. For details, you can visit the website https://scholarships.gov.in.
• National Means-cum-Merit Scholarships of the Department of School Education and Literacy. For classes 9,10, 11,12.
• Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for college/university students, offered by the Department of Higher Education.
• Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme offered by the Union Home Ministry. For college/university/institute students whose parents are with the Central Armed Police Forces or Assam Rifles.
• Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme, offered by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs for college/university/institute students who are dependents of police/state police officers martyred in terrorist/Maoist attacks
• Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme of the Railway Department - Railway Protection Force/Railway Protection Special Force. For students studying in BTech, MBBS and MCA courses.
• 3 categories of scholarships for the empowerment of differently-abled:
Pre-metric: For 9th and 10th class students
Post-Metric: 11 to Postgraduate Degree/Diploma
Top Class: Graduate/Postgraduate Degree/Diploma in Designated Institutions
• Top Class Education Scheme Scholarships for Scheduled Castes.
• Pre-Metric, Post-Metric, Merit-cum-Means for Professional & Technical Courses Scholarships for Minorities.