Food could be kept warm or cold for hours if you store them in casseroles. Here are nine points to note while using casseroles in the kitchen.
1. Wash the casserole with lukewarm water before storing hot food and wash with cold water before keeping cold food.
2. Do not keep the casserole near stove or in warm places.
3. Do not separate the stainless steel bowl inside the casserole; however, in some varieties the steel bowl could be taken out.
4. Make sure to fill the casserole up to the brim.
5. Keep the lid open when it is not used.
6. Food items like chapathi and idli should be wrapped in a clean piece of cloth before keeping in casseroles.
7. Clean the casseroles using mild soap solution and lukewarm water. Use sponge instead of a scrubber to prevent scratches inside the casserole.
8. Do not wash the casserole using hot water.
9. Handle the pot carefully; the steel bowl may be broken if it falls down.
Note: You could separate the steel bowl from a casserole and use it as a regular container.