The teenagers were swimming with four other friends when tragedy occurred.
A teenager had died last week of food poisoning after eating shawarma from a coolbar at Cheruvathur in Kasaragod.
The report also highlighted the need for regular inspections at the eateries by the food safety and health departments.
The bus, named Fathima, which was going to Kannur from Kanhangad met with an accident.
Shigella infection (shigellosis) is an intestinal infection caused by a family of bacteria known as shigella.
The health department is awaiting lab results to know if the teenager who died of food poisoning from eating Shawarma also had Shigella infection.
The Chandera police arrested Ahammed, the manager of the Ideal Coolbar, on Tuesday.
The accident took place off Thonikkadavu near Kundamkuzhi.
The police have already arrested Sandesh Rai, a Nepali worker who prepared the shawarma, and Anas, who managed the ‘Ideal Food Point’ on the Cheruvathur bus stand premises, which sold the stale food.
A worker and manager of the eatery in Kanhangad have been booked for causing death by negligence.