Most people like to make wine at home to celebrate special occasions. Here are ten tips to make sure that the homemade wine tastes great.
1. Earthen or clay jars are perfect to make wine. Make sure that there is no moisture in it.
2. Only three-quarters of the jar should be filled. There should be some free space in the jar.
3. Wooden spoon should be used to stir the wine.
4. Take yeast and sugar in equal amounts and mix them in lukewarm water. Keep this mixture aside for 15 minutes to rise.
5. Wheat grains should be washed, dried, crushed and wrapped in a packet before adding in the jar.
6. The skin of drumstick could be added to make the wine stronger. However, make sure to rinse it well. Crush the skin a bit before adding.
7. While preparing the caramel, make sure that too much water isn’t added.
8. While adding the egg whites, ensure that the yolk doesn’t get mixed with it.
9. Use a thin piece of cloth to strain the wine. Do not use metal strainers.
10. Wine should be sipped in small quantities to enjoy its real flavour. The wine should be swirled in the centre of the tongue to excite the taste buds. Some Spanish researchers have proved that pure wine has the ability to destroy some harmful bacteria in the mouth.