Manjeri mansion undergoes stunning makeover, gets colossal facelift

manjeri-house
The exterior view from any angle presents the attractive design elements.
SHARE

Nobody would say that Sulaiman Athimannil’s house at Pattarkulam in Manjeri, Kerala, is an old building. When Suleiman decided to spruce up his 2,500-feet house with modern facilities, he wanted it to be converted into a haven with plenty of light and proper air circulation, along with incorporating the latest design elements.

All these factors have been included seamlessly in the new building. The ceiling, beams or slabs of the earlier house did not pose a hindrance in designing the new one. This is evident in both the exterior as well as interior of the new house.

manjeri-house-inside

The exterior view from any angle presents the attractive design elements. GI pipes and inside glass are used to create design patterns in the elevation and merge aesthetically with the elements of the old house.

While 40 per cent of the earlier facilities have been retained, the remaining 60 per cent is based on the latest trends. The suggestions and needs of the owner were also factored in while designing the house.

manjeri-house-hall

Earthy-neutral colour combinations used in the house and the carefully-done landscaping make the exterior beautiful. Due attention has been given to the compound wall also.

Meanwhile, the stately interiors are a continuation of the design elements seen in the exterior. An interesting feature inside the house is the design of the customized light fittings which have been created with leftover building materials.

manjeri-house-sitout

The sit-out gives a welcoming feel, while the visiting longue, courtyard and swing are arranged aesthetically. Meanwhile, the old porch has been converted into the living room. Similarly, the wall in the old living room was opened and turned into a sit-out space.

Another modification is in the old dining area, which is now a family living space. The old kitchen too is now bigger with a work area added. Yet another change is in the open terrace, which has now been covered.

manjeri-old-house

From the sit-out, the entry leads straight to the formal living area. The main attraction at the foyer space is the wall decor. With niches, ceiling patterns and wall décor, the interiors look truly grand.

One gets a pleasant feeling inside the house as the design ensures plenty of light, proper air circulation and good ambience.

manjeri-house-kitchen

A highlight of the interior is the separation of the guest and family living areas with flooring and panelling. Another special feature of the house is that oval shape reflecting on the walls and ceilings.

manjeri-house-bedroom

About 40 per cent of the old staircase has been retained and the rest renovated with modern elements. Beneath it is the prayer area.

The upper living area is modernised with wall putty finish and false ceiling. Attached to it is the study.

renovated-house-manjeri

The bedrooms are now spacious and incorporate the most modern design elements, finish and ceiling patterns. There are wardrobes and dressing units also.

In the kitchen too the stress on space is evident in the design. Moreover, glossy finish laminate gives a stunning look to the area. While the bar counter has island seating, there is an attached work area. The old store room also looks modern.

manjeri-house-terrace

Project facts

Location - Pattarkulam, Manjeri

Plot - 36 cents

Area - 3,600 square feet

Owner - Sulaiman Athimannil

Design - Nirman Designs, Manjeri

Mobile - 9895978900

MORE IN DECOR
SHOW MORE
The comments posted here/below/in the given space are not on behalf of Onmanorama. The person posting the comment will be in sole ownership of its responsibility. According to the central government's IT rules, obscene or offensive statement made against a person, religion, community or nation is a punishable offense, and legal action would be taken against people who indulge in such activities.