The syllabi for the four-year degree programmes at MG University will be finalized within one month. Forty-eight scrutiny committees have been formed to thoroughly examine the syllabi for 56 degree programmes.
• January 31: Scrutiny of the draft syllabus submitted by each department will commence.
• February 20: The scrutiny committees will finalize the syllabus for the degree programmes.
• March: The Academic Council of the university will approve the syllabi.
• June 4: Classes for the four-year degree courses will begin.
Scrutiny committee composition:
• PG board of studies: Chairman of the UG board of studies, two UG board members, two subject experts (one from outside the university), and a master trainer.
The scrutiny process
The content of each course will undergo close examination. The potential for skill development and the assessment methods will be scrutinized. Repetitions will be avoided, and decisions will be made on the textbooks to be prescribed.
(Details courtesy: Dr. Biju Pushpan, syndicate member in charge of implementing the four-year degree programme).