Few decades back, dates enjoyed truly an exotic status in Kerala, brought by Malayali expatriates in Gulf. As globalisation happened, everything about the markets here changed, including the availability of dates. Much like any home-grown fruits, dates are now easily available in Kerala markets in both fresh and dried forms.
Citing its various health benefits, the fruit is a favourite of nutritionists also. Here is how consuming dates would benefit your body:
- Eating dates after a meal would increase the immunity power of the body.
- Rich in vitamin C, dates effectively fight night blindness.
- Regular consumption of dates increases the blood circulation and is ideal for purification of blood.
- Dates are an effective remedy for problems related to menstruation and anaemia.
- It helps to increase the rate of haemoglobin in pregnant women.
- Dates are rich in iron, manganese, selenium, calcium and phosphorous which are essential for the growth of fetus.
- The calcium in dates is effective against joint pains and wear and tear of bones.
- Dates help to prevent osteoporosis in women.
- It is ideal for the dental health.
- Dates have low cholesterol levels.
- It eases the digestion process.
- Regular consumption of dates would make your skin supple and healthy.