Freshly baked bread is one of the food items that enjoy great popularity in every household. However, it is an item that may go stale pretty easily. While buying bread from the store, make sure to notice the date of packaging that is usually printed on the packet. The loaves should be eaten within three days of packing. In case the bread tastes different then check whether the slices have turned mouldy. If there isn’t any fungus on the slices, it is better to finish the bread that day itself. Bread that is stored in the fridge could be toasted and eaten. However, it is better not to use them if they are more than two days old.
Here are some simple recipes that could be made using bread.
1. Mix half cup cream cheese with 4 tsp sugar. Cut the edges off the bread slices and roll them flat. Place the cream cheese mixture in the centre of the slice. Sprinkle chocolate chips, cumin candies or colourful sprinkles and roll the bread slices. Tasty bread roll ups are ready.
2. Toast one side of the bread and spread some ricotta cheese. Now, place six strawberry slices and sprinkle some honey too. Enjoy the fruity honey cheese toast.
3. Melt half cup sugar into syrup and mix cardamom powder in it. Toast 8 bread slices and crumble them. Into it add 1 tbsp milk powder and 3 tbsp milk. Mix well into soft dough. Make small balls and fry in hot oil. Drop the bread jamun balls in the sugar syrup.
4. Sprinkle a bit of water on 4 bread slices and roll them flat. Place a piece of chocolate in the centre, fold and secure the edges by rubbing some water. Fry these in hot oil. Tasty butter chocolates are ready.
5. Spread butter on five bread slices and toast them. Cut them in half inch pieces and put them in dessert bowls. Beat half cup milk and half cup condensed milk. Pour this over the bread pieces. Garnish with dry fruits, nuts and corn flakes.