Casserole dishes in which food can be stored for hours are seen in most households. From the breakfast dishes to lunch and even cold food items, anything could be stored in the casseroles, without losing its freshness. Here are some tips that could come in handy while using casseroles at home.
• The casserole should be washed with warm water before storing hot food and with cold water before storing cold food items.
• Do not keep the casserole near the stove or closer to any source of heat.
• Do not separate the stainless steel bowl from inside the casserole (there are some varieties where you can pull out the stainless steel bowl).
• It is better to fill the casseroles with food up to the brim.
• Keep the casseroles open when you are not using them.
• Wrap food items like idlis and chapathis in clean pieces of clothes before placing them in casserole.
• Casserole dishes should be cleaned using mild soap and warm water. Use a sponge instead of wire meshes to prevent any marks or tear on the coating.
• Do not wash the casserole with scalding hot water.
• Casseroles should be handled gently as the inner bowl may break if the dish falls down.
Note – In case the food does not remain hot in the casserole, you could take out the steel bowl and use the dish as a regular container.