One major lifestyle change the Covid induced lockdown brought to a social media friendly generation is their attitude towards cooking. Cooped up indoors, the internet became the best friend of most, which successfully introduced them to things that they might have overlooked before. Food making is no longer considered as a tedious, monotonous chore, but as a hobby and a skill that you can show off to your peers.
We get it. You are new to these kind of stuff. Remember that man who created a Youtube channel for people who need 'dad advice'? Just like that, it would be nice if you get delivered some pro tips, tricks of trade, for kitchen, right? Well, we got your back.
Onmanorama Food, here, lists out a handful of cooking/kitchen management tips to help make cooking easier and hassle free:
• Add salt while boiling the rice and not after.
• While boiling eggs, add some salt in the water in case the shell is broken as it would prevent the egg white from spilling.
• While cooking salted meat, add some mustard seeds to make meat softer.
• Rub a piece of potato on the knife’s edge to remove odour.
• Drop overcooked egg in lukewarm water for sometime to make it softer and tastier.
• Beat eggs in wet bowl so that the yolk won’t stick on to the sides.
• In order to check whether the boondi in cooked while making mixture, drop them in water. They are cooked if the boondi floats on top.
• Ensure a wholesome diet that contains vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and protein. Try to include fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, milk, egg, fish and ghee in your regular menu.
• Ensure proper plating and garnishing. Even if you cook the most appetizing dish, it could fail to appeal the eater if you don't plate it properly.