Most people consider scraping coconut as a difficult and strenuous job. However, not many know that coconut could be grated even without a scrapper. Here's how to:
• Boil some water in a flat bottomed vessel.
• Dip the coconuts in the hot water; ensure that only the bottom part is dipped in water.
• When the water boils rapidly, take out the coconut and separate the flash from the shell.
• For stir fries, cut the coconut into small pieces and crush them in a mixer jar.
• However, for dishes like puttu or ada (rice patties), the brown skin is not taken. So, peel it off before scraping the flesh using a regular vegetable scraper.
Keep the left over coconut in an air tight container. Store this in freezer and use coconut whenever you want.
Watch video here