After falling by about one per cent in 2020 due to the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic, global electricity demand is set to grow by close to five per cent in 2021.
There is a slower growth for the zero-emissions solar energy industry at a time world governments are trying to ramp up their efforts to fight climate change.
The Budget has earmarked Rs 15 crore for introducing 10,000 electric two-wheelers and 5,000 e-three-wheelers to the roads.
GE Power is a subsidiary of General Electric. BLP Industry.AI is a subsidiary of renewable energy generation and technology company Bharat Light & Power.
Malayala Manorama shared the industrial award with Kozhikode-based Neelambari Export, with each firm earning a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
Rome, which is looking to cover some 30% of its gross final energy consumption from green sources by 2030, has pledged to exit coal generated production by 2025.
Rajasthan's installed renewable energy capacity reached 9.6 gigawatts (GW) at the end of fiscal 2019-20.
Around 3% of overall emissions from space heating are attributed to commercial buildings, the remainder 97 per cent is reported from the residential buildings.
Fossil fuel power generation last declined in 2009 after the global financial crisis.
For the first time in the history of CIL, the miner's production and off take of coal had surpassed the 600 million tonnes mark, according to its chairman.