Actor Navya Nair is vacationing in Munnar, enjoying the mist, the mountains, and acres of grasslands. She recently took to Instagram to post pictures of her stay at the Dream Catcher Resort.
A white stately building that stands right in the middle of emerald green nature and hills, the Dream Catcher Plantation Resort is hard to miss. And you will be surrounded by acres of tea, cardamom, and orange plantation, with the air wafting with its fragrance. Add some seriously personalized attention and you get a vacation to remember.
All fifteen accommodations are Wi-Fi enabled and the interiors are intricately designed with unique motifs in accordance with individual taste and preference. That it is placed amidst nature makes the experience even more spectacular. Now you even have a long video chat with your friends even while holidaying. Then of course the resort’s multi-cuisine restaurant will have everything you want to indulge along with a range of barbecued delicacies served piping hot from the bonfire.
Accommodations are unique
They offer 5 types of rooms, starting with Tree House, where you have four unique self-contained tree houses carefully chiselled into the dense plantation, offering privacy and the much-needed ambiance for honeymooners. Set as high as 60 feet from the ground, magnificent panoramic views greet couples at every nook and corner from the tree-house. All tree-houses come with modern attached bathrooms with 24 hrs h/c water, 100% power back up, writing table & chair, Intercom, TV, Guest Supplies, and balconies.
Tea Garden Honeymoon cottage will be independent and spacious cottages blending with nature. They have a traditional roof with ceiling and terracotta tiles.
Interconnected Two Bedroom offers the ideal room configuration for families, interconnected two adjacent rooms having separate entry doors. But connected from the inside, one door which can lock from both sides. Interconnected rooms are specially designed for large families or friends who do not want to leave their loved ones apart.
Superior Rooms with Balcony. There are Twelve Superior Rooms with exclusive balconies overlooking the spectacular all-around scenic panoramas of mountains and valleys.
Deluxe Rooms: Three Deluxe Rooms having garden views. The Deluxe Rooms comprises classy bedrooms with attached bathrooms and are located right next to the garden.
You can also try these spots for sightseeing
Blossom Hyde Park, Head works dam, Pothamedu Viewpoint, Attukad Waterfall, Tea Plantations, Sunset Point (Chithirapuram), Sengulam Dam Boating.
And enjoy the entertainment provided like Kathakali, Kalarippayattu, Spa, Adventure Parks, Spice Plantations, off-road ride, Trekking & Camping
They have a great Ayurveda Spa and Massage center specialising in Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Kizhi, Steam as well as other beauty therapies like Swedish Massage, Cream Massage, Herbal Facial, Head, and Shoulder therapy and Deep tissue Massage.
Look out for their special Honeymoon packages in Tea Garden Cottage, Tree House, and in Superior room with balcony. Some of the facilities on offer include unlimited use of infinity pool, self-trekking in their tea, orange, and cardamom plantations, horse riding, off-road ride by Polaris jeep and a generous supply of cookies and cakes.
Munnar has the best climate now
Last week it was -2 degrees in Munnar, thanks to the unexpected rainfall. After the lockdown got over, thankfully tourists are coming in hordes and last Xmas saw at least one lakh visitors.
Our list of top 10 things to do while in Munnar
1. Rock climbing and treetop adventures. Ideal for your body and mind and even conquer your fear of heights. While there, opt for their treetop adventurous activities.
2. One of the highest tea plantations in the world, Kolukkumalai Tea properties is located at an altitude of 7900 feet.
3. Explore Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, and Eravikulam National Park which is known for its Nilgiris Tahr and is located on the Kannan Devan Mountains.
4. You can try rappelling and rock climbing, with professional help.
5. Boat rides in Kundala lake and if lucky even catch the elusive Neelakurinji flowers that blossoms once in twelve years in the valleys and hills of Kundala lake.
6. Elephant safari at Carmelagiri Elephant Park, which is situated at Mattupetty Road. The elephant rides are for 10-15 minutes but it is said to be a lot of fun, especially for children. You can offer the gentle giants a basket of bananas after a ride.
7. Ayurvedic massages and spas. Deep tissue massages to Balinese spas.
8. Go shopping. From aromatic oils, organic soaps, tea, and coffee powders to fancy cloth bags and sarongs.
9. Visit a tea museum and indulge in various varieties of tea.
10. Try local cuisine and there are some great cooking classes available as well.