The construction of the oottupura (temple dinning hall) was completed in 1923 (30th of Kanni masam in 1099 of the Malayalam calendar). The oottupura that was built during the rule of the kings is still standing in all its glory with not much damage. High quality wood was used in the construction of the oottupura, which is situated in the north-east part of the temple.
However, as years rolled by, the well and some parts of the oottupura were damaged. The believers have urged the authorities to renovate the oottupura without losing on its aesthetic features. Though the Trichengoor Uma Maheshwara Seva Samithi had given in a request to the Travancore Devaswom Board, no action was taken.
The oottupura also has a significant place in history.
The panchaloha (five metal) idol of the Sabarimala Dharma Sastha was made at this oottupura by the Thattavila Ayyappa Panicker and Neelakanda Panicker, who stayed at the temple. The idol of Parvathi Devi at Pamba was also made here.