Thiruvananthapuram: The train services in the state will be regulated on November 18 and 19 to facilitate maintenance works, including that of strengthening of a bridge, in the Puthukad-Irinjalakuda section. As many as eight trains have been fully cancelled while 12 services were partially cancelled on these days.
Fully cancelled trains
The Mangaluru-Thiruvananthapuram Maveli Express (T No 16603); Ernakulam-Shornur MEMU (T No 06018); and the Ernakulam-Guruvayur Express (T No 06448) scheduled on November 18 have been cancelled.
Similarly, the Thiruvananthapuram-Mangaluru Maveli Express (T No 16604); Shornur-Ernakulam MEMU (T No 06017); Guruvayur-Ernakulam Jn Express (T No 06439); Ernakulam Jn-Kottayam Express (T No 06453); and the Kottayam-Ernakulam Jn Express (T No 06434) scheduled on November 19 have also been cancelled.
Two long-distance trains will be diverted. The Gandhidham BG-Nagercoil Express (T No 16335), leaving Gandhidham BG at 10.35 am on November 17, and the Pune Jn-Kanniyakumari Express (T No 16381), leaving Pune Jn at 11.50 pm on November 17, will be diverted via the Pollachi-Madurai section.
Partially cancelled trains
- Hazrat Nizamuddin-Ernakulam Jn Weekly Superfast Express (T No 22656) leaving Nizamuddin on November 17 will be short-terminated at Shornur
- Chennai Egmore-Guruvayur Express (T No 16127) leaving Chennai Egmore on November 17 will be short-terminated at Ernakulam
- Ajmer Junction-Ernakulam Marusagar Express (T No 12978) leaving Ajmer on November 17 will be short-terminated at Thrissur
- Guruvayur – Chennai Egmore Express (T No 16128) leaving Guruvayur on November 18 will start its journey from Ernakulam
- Mangaluru - Thiruvananthapuram Malabar Express (T No 16630) leaving Mangaluru Central at 6.15 pm on November 18 will be short-terminated at Shornur
- Thiruvananthapuram-Guruvayur Intercity Express (T No 16342) leaving Thiruvananthapuram at 5.30 pm on November 18 will be short-terminated at Ernakulam
- Karaikal-Ernakulam Jn Express (T No 16187) leaving Karaikal at 4.30 pm on November 18 will be short-terminated at Palakkad
- Madurai Jn-Guruvayur Express (T No 16327) leaving Madurai Jn at 11.20 am on November 18 will be short-terminated at Aluva
- Guruvayur-Thiruvananthapuram Intercity Express (T No 16341) leaving Guruvayur at 3.25 am on November 19 will be partially cancelled between Guruvayur and Ernakulam. It will commence the journey from Ernakulam at its scheduled departure time of 5.20 am
- Guruvayur-Madurai Express (T No 16328) leaving Guruvayur at 5.50 am on November 19 will commence service from Aluva at its scheduled departure time of 7.24 am
- Ernakulam-Karaikal Express (T No 16188) leaving Ernakulam Jn at 10.25 pm on November 19 will commence service from Palakkad at its scheduled departure time of 1.40 am on November 20
- Thiruvananthapuram-Mangaluru Malabar Express (T No 16629) leaving Thiruvananthapuram at 6.40 pm on November 19 will commence service from Shoranur Junction at its scheduled departure time of 2.40 am on November 20
Mangaluru-Central-Thiruvananthapuram Express (T No 16348) scheduled to leave Mangaluru Central at 2.25 pm on November 18 will be rescheduled to start its service at 9.25 pm (late by 7 hours).