New Delhi: Indian Nursing Council has declared that strict action will be taken against those who seize Service Bond and certificates of the Nursing students. A new set of rules have been implemented regarding the basic qualification needed for Nursing Institutions and courses and this new rule was mentioned as part of that. According to the new rules the Institutions, Universities, State Registration Nursing Counsel cannot alter the syllabus recommended by the Council. If need be, they can include more chapters in the syllabus.
• Only 60 seats are only allowed for the ANM (Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery) courses in each institution. For General Nursing if the hospital has provision for more than 300 beds, Bsc Nursing course will be allowed 100 seats. If not only 60 seats.
• The institute will be declared null and void if students are not allowed entry for two years. Also, college should provide hostel accommodation to 30% of the students.
• For ANM Course there should be four female professors and one male professor. In General Nursing, 7 women and 3 men are the teacher’s protocol.
• If you are not able to construct an institute building 2 years after the programme, a fine of 50,000-1,00,000 will be levied on you. You have 6 years to pay the fine and even after you are not able to construct a building, strict actions will be taken.
• The sale of a Nursing school or its trust will not affect the courses. If the Trust is substituted the school and courses will be declared as null and void. There are no issues if the Trust is retained, and new members are included or shown the door.
• Though according to the Trust rules there are provisions to add more institutes, it will be considered as one. A Trust will only be allowed to run one college in a city. Another college with a similar name will not be allowed to function in the same city.
• Bharath Sevak Samaj job courses conducted at various Nursing schools and colleges won’t have the Nursing counsel’s approval.