The COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on the economic, social and cultural fabric of many global societies. It has rendered millions jobless and desperate. However, there has been some incredible tales of survival too. It is the need of the hour to instill hope in humanity by creating opportunities to earn and live comfortably. Experts say that not just your old educational certificates but re - skilling and up – skilling is necessary to survive this bleak times.
In order to find a solution to the current crisis in the employment sector, NORKA (Non Resident Keralite’s Affairs) ROOTS has introduced 6 courses that lasts for 6 months. The project named ‘Technology Skills Training Program’ has been introduced in collaboration with ICT Academy of Kerala, an organization established by the state government.
• Those who successfully complete the course would get 125 hours virtual internship at TCSiON which is a skill development and digital learning platform of Tata consultancies.
• Placement assistance, basic training in IELTS and cross culture training for those who aim for employment in foreign countries.
• Beside the tax, the fee for each course is Rs 19,700. Candidates could apply for admission until 25 September. The entrance test has been scheduled on 25 September. Those who excel in this test would get 75% of the fee as scholarship from NORKA.
For details contact – 7594051437
• Full Stack Development – Full Stack developers are required for designing and developing web applications. The course enables the candidates to gain basic knowledge in this field and help them build a career.
• Data Science and Analytics – Training in data processing, analysis, visualization and statistics related to these areas.
• Robotic Process Automation – Amazing employment scope in India and abroad. This course involves training in doing repetitive office works swiftly and accurately using software bots.
• Cyber Security Analytics – There is good employment opportunities in this field as cyber attacks have become rampant.
• Software Testing – Training to ensure quality software that suits the requirements of the customer. A person who begins career as a test engineer could get promoted to elevated posts like senior test engineer or test manager.
• Digital Marketing – From small business to large business enterprises, everyone requires the help of a digital marketing expert to develop their business in online space.
For applying to digital marketing course, the candidate must be a graduate in any stream. Meanwhile, the applicant must be a graduate in BTech, BSc or engineering diploma for rest of the courses.
The applicants must not be more than 45 years. Evening sessions are offered to include those who are already employed.
The one hour online test would have questions that test numerical ability, verbal ability, logical reasoning, data interpretation and international affairs. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
“NORKA has enabled more than 500 youth eligible for employment during the pandemic times. The participants of these courses have been employed in 70 premier IT companies. Moreover, they get internship opportunities at TCSiON,” K Harikrishnan Namboothiri, NORKA ROOTS CEO.