Sainik Schools: Apply for class 6 admissions now; last date Oct 26

Shutterstock images

Application to join classes 6 in Sainik Schools for the 2022-23 academic year is open now.

The online applications could be submitted on the website until 26 October, 2021.

The application fee is Rs 550, though it is Rs 400 for students from those communities eligible for reservation.

The objective of the 33 Sainik Schools in India is to prepare the students to lead as officers in the defence forces.

In all 67% seats in each school have been reserved for the students from the respective state/union territory and the remaining 33% seats are open to candidates from all over India. There is only a common application form.

The students can study up to class 12 in the CBSE syllabus. Besides, they are trained in various sports and extracurricular activities too.

The medium of instruction is English. The students have to stay on campus to complete the education.

Kazhakkotam school
The sole Sainik School in Kerala is at Kazhakoottam in Thiruvananthapuram. (Address: Sainik School, Kazhakoottam, Thiruvananthapuram, 695 585. Phone – 0471 2781400. Email – Website –

Here 85 seats are available in class six and 75 of them are for boys and 10 to girls.

Deserving candidates can avail reservation for admission to these seats.

Students from Kerala can also apply to the remaining 32 schools in other states. The age limit of the applicants to class six is 10 to 12 years on 31 March, 2022.

Entrance test
The entrance test for admission to Sainik Schools is known as the All-India Sainik Schools Entrance Exam (AISSEE). The next entrance is on 9 January.

The entrance exam for class six would be from 2 pm to 4.30 pm.

The National Testing Agency ( will be conducting the entrance exam. The test will have multiple choice questions.

Candidates are required to mark the answers by darkening the bubbles using pencil.

There won’t be negative marks for wrong answers. The structure of the exam, number of questions, distribution of marks and syllabus are published in the information bulletin on the website. The candidates can choose from 13 languages including English, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada and Hindi as medium of examination in class six. However, the applicants to class nine can only take the exam in English.

The exam centres in Kerala are at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Palakkad and Kozhikode.

The candidates should secure 25% marks in each subject with a total of 40% marks.

Help desk: 011-4075 9000,

NDA results out

New Delhi: The results of the Combined Defense Services Examination, 2020, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission have been published. The list of candidates who qualified for admissions to the Indian Military Academy in Dehradun, the Naval Academy in Ezhimala and the Air Force Academy in Hyderabad after the entrance test and the interviews held by the Service Selection Board is out.

The results are published on the website

Phone: 011–23385271, 011–23381125 and 011–23098543.  

The comments posted here/below/in the given space are not on behalf of Onmanorama. The person posting the comment will be in sole ownership of its responsibility. According to the central government's IT rules, obscene or offensive statement made against a person, religion, community or nation is a punishable offense, and legal action would be taken against people who indulge in such activities.