Over-seasoning is something that could completely topple even a gourmet dish. However, not many know about the little tricks and hacks that could save your dish despite loaded with salt. These hacks are organic and do not involve any products that has preservatives or additives in it. However, one drawback of these methods is that they could be used only in curries or dishes that have gravies. These may not be effective in snacks, stir fries or fried food. Here are 7 easy hacks to fix your salty dishes.
1. Peel a potato and cut it into cubes. Drop these potato cubes in the salty curry and keep the dish aside for 20 minutes. The potato cubes would soak up all the extra salt. Taste the curry once more before serving.
2. Mix rice flour in water and make 5-6 small balls. These rice balls too can easily remove the salt.
3. Fresh cream neutralizes the salty flavour in any curry by giving it a creamy and thick texture.
4. Add some fresh curd in the salty curry and cook for some more time.
5. Add 2 teaspoons milk to reduce the extra salt in a dish. Besides, milk has the ability to balance the flavours as well.
6. Cut a small onion into 2 -3 pieces and drop in the curries. You could use raw onions or fried ones. Take out the onion after 5 minutes.
7. Mix 1 tablespoon each of sugar and vinegar to balance out the flavours in a salty dish. The sweetness of the sugar and the sour flavour of vinegar would overpower the extra salt in the curry.