Environmental factors and a stressful lifestyle are often cited as the reasons for losing the health and elasticity of the skin. However, you could easily regain that ‘glow’ and fight signs of aging if you make a few changes in your lifestyle.
• Protection from ultraviolet rays – Ultraviolet rays is one of the most common reasons for skin aging. It could cause discoloration, dark spots and burns too. Besides, ultraviolet rays could be the cause for premature aging and wrinkles. Make sure to wear a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 whenever your skin get exposed to the sun.
• Vitamin-rich diet – Food rich in vitamin C and E could ensure health and wellbeing. It improves the elasticity of the skin. Nuts, milk products, vegetable oil, leafy vegetables, lemon, orange and kiwi are rich in vitamins.
• Keep stress away – Stress and tension could affect the health of the skin and hair. So, it is important to relax and lead a stress-free life. Yoga, meditation and breathing exercises could help you keep stress away. Indulging in hobbies and other entertainment could lighten your mood. Painting, listening to music, cooking and watching movies are some of the stress-busting hobbies.
• Remove makeup – Make sure to take off the makeup before going to bed at night. Else, it could clog the pores and cause skin damage. It could cause acne, dark spots and wrinkles. Removing the makeup allows the skin to breathe at night and eliminate the toxins.
• Moisturize – Do not forget to apply moisturizer as soon as you come out of the shower. This would prevent dryness by retaining the moisture in the skin. Look for ingredients like glycerine, mineral oil and hyaluronic acid to keep the skin soft and supple.
• Drink lots of water – Drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday would keep your skin hydrated and healthy. It could heal the dryness and prevent aging by smoothening the wrinkles.