For Rajisha Vijayan, the Kutla trek got her a friend for life. A white fluffy canine whom she christened as Vanilla “The beauty of the valley was in finding these dogs everywhere. No one drives them away. And they stay as the most loyal companions of the people of the valley. But I wasn't expecting to see them at Kutla, which is so high and requires a strenuous trek. But she was there with me throughout the entire journey. So loyal, strong, affectionate. My Vanilla. Until we meet again,” she wrote on insta.
She has also shared a picture of pine trees in the backdrop of a starlit sky as well as a. snap of snowflakes sprinkling on her.
About Kutla village
Kutla is a remote village in Parvati valley, accessible though the village of Tosh. The trek to Kutla from Tosh is almost an hour long but is picturesque with panoramic views of snow-capped mountains, several water streams, and waterfalls. If you go beyond Kutla, there is another village Kutagla and a glacier which is the source of water in Tosh and nearby villages.
Kutla is famous for its apple and walnut orchards. You can rent their wooden guest houses that accommodate 2-3 people easily as well as visit the various cafes enroute.
Other interesting things to do at Kutla include visit the Budhavan forest and play with the local Himachal furry dogs, who will accompany you till the end of the trek. And lastly do not forget to try their simple paratha thalis.
A lot of tourists are visiting Himachal for this Christmas-New Year season but till January 5, there will be night curfew in Shimla, Dharamshala and Kullu. Places like Keylong, Lahaul and Spiti recorded -12 degrees last week.
Must see places in Himachal
1. Manali, located in Kullu is one of the beauties of Himachal.
2. Khajjiar is a hill station with an opportunity to feast on lakes, pastures, forests, and camp in the wild
3. Shimla is the capital, and you should not miss some of its iconic landmarks like Viceregal Lodge, Christ church, Shri Hanuman Jakhoo temple, Ridge road and Annandale.
4. Dalhousie for its heritage building and wildlife sanctuaries.
5.Parwanoo for its fruit orchards, timber trails and cable car rides
6. Sirmaur is famous for its heritage temples and shopping
7. Kasauli for its Central Research Institute, Baptist church, Kasauli brewery, Monkey point and Kasauli Club.
8. Tirthan Valley for their trekking, overnight camping, river crossing, night treks, mountain biking, kayaking and archery.