Air India is allowing transfer of tickets to compensate customers unable to fly due to ever-changing travel restrictions in different regions. However, the facility to issue fresh tickets, involving name change can be availed only at the airline offices in the cities of Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad.
Only fully unutilised tickets issued with cash or credit card payment will be considered.
Here is all you need to know to apply for nominating someone on your ticket:
• All tickets booked between March 20, 2020, and August 24, 2020, are eligible for transfer.
• These tickets will be valid till December 31, 2021.
• Only one free change is allowed. Customers will be charged for more than one change in date/flight/route/name.
• If travelling before August 24, no fees will be collected for changing dates or flights.
• If travelling after August 24, you will not be allowed to downsell the ticket, i.e. alternatives at a lower price, but if the flight is available on the same fare code, then the fare difference will be compensated.
• No compensation will be made if the booking code is higher than the existing one.
• No charge will be levied if the passenger wishes to adjust the new fare against the existing one.
• No differential fare refund will be permitted in case the new ticket fare is lower than the existing one.