The Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) has issued a set of guidelines for the PSC exams in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are the main points:
• All candidates and staff at the exam centre should wear masks. Social distancing norms should be followed.
• Should undergo thermal scanning.
• Candidates in quarantine and those coming from other states with special permission should submit the required documents. Special rooms will be allotted for those who have not completed the quarantine period and for those candidates with COVID-19 symptoms.
• Small transparent sanitiser bottles can be brought to the exam centres.
• Transparent water bottles can also be brought to the exam halls.
• Candidates should not crowd around at the exam centre.
• Candidates should strictly follow the instructions given by the authorities.
Bell to alert candidates
Candidates have been barred from wearing wristwatches to the exam centres. Instead the ‘bell-ringing system’ will be followed. The bell will ring seven times from the start of the exam till the end. Candidates should pay attention to this to know the time.
The bell schedule:
1. Half-an-hour before the exam starts (alerting the chief superintendents and the candidates to enter the exam hall)
2. Five minutes before the exam starts (alert to distribute question papers)
3. When the exam starts
4. Half-an-hour into the exam
5. One hour after the exam
6. Alerting the candidates that only five minutes left for the exam.
7. Final bell to alert that the exam has ended
• Apart from the candidate, no other person will be allowed to enter the premises of the exam centres
• Candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall only 15 minutes before the exam starts (as per the time mentioned in the admit card).
What is not allowed in the exam hall
• No written or published study materials, paper chits, box, plastic cover, rubber, note pad, logarithm table, purse, pouch, pen drive, calculator, electronic pen, scanner, health band, camera pen, mobile phone, blue-tooth, earphone, microphone, pager, wristwatch, smartwatch, camera watch, camera/Bluetooth. Metal/plastic objects to conceal these. Food items, wrapped or otherwise.
What is allowed
Admission ticket, valid ID card, blue/black ball-point pen, transparent water bottle and transparent sanitiser bottle.