Soon after the reopening of schools, colleges in Kerala have also reopened in the state on Monday complying strictly with Covid-19 safety protocols.
The offline classes are resuming today for third-year degree science stream students and PG students. The online classes will continue for first-year and second-year degree students. According to teachers, the main focus would be on completing practicals before the semester exams for the science stream students.
Safety biggest priority
Most colleges have decided to start the final year degree classes with 20-30 students. The colleges with more number of students will form two batches for conducting the classes.
Adequate arrangements have been made for sanitisers and washing hands in the campuses. The toilets, bathrooms and classrooms have also been sanitized.
Students have been informed to take all precautionary and safety measures before entering the colleges.
Students’ hostels were opened in many colleges on Sunday. Priority in hostel admission will also be given to students who have to take practical exams. The colleges may provide hostel accommodation to students coming from outside the district for practical exams.
Report to Academic activities report
Colleges under Mahatma Gandhi University in Kottayam have been directed to submit a report on the academic activities to the Registrar before January 8. Further teaching activities will be decided based on these reports.
• Entry only for 50 per cent of students at a time.
• Classes can be conducted in such a way that each student gets 5 hours of teaching in two batches.
• Colleges will function from 8.30 am to 5 pm (In shift system)
• Those who are not under a shift system can choose one schedule from the four options; 8.30 am -1.30 pm, 9 am to 2 pm, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm and 10 am to 4 pm.
• Classes will be held on Saturdays as well
Classes will be held for undergraduate students in the fifth and sixth semesters in arts and science, law, music, fine arts, physical education, polytechnic.
• Classes in engineering colleges will be for seventh-semester B.Tech, 9th semester B Arch, third-semester M.Tech, M.Arch
• Classes for 5th semester MCA and 9th semester integrated MCA will also resume.
• Final year PG classes will resume in CUSAT on Monday.