Science graduates can apply for Prathibha scholarship till January 31

Applications for the Prathibha Scholarship instituted by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment will be open for students till January 31, 2021.

The scholarship is meant for students who have passed twelfth standard with high marks and secured admission for BSc courses in educational institutions in the county. The scholarship is restricted only for Malayalees.

The applicants should have passed the plus two exams in 2019-20 scoring 90 per cent marks each in science subjects and in aggregate. The mark criteria are 80 per cent for scheduled caste/scheduled tribe categories. The applicants who have taken admission in BSc basic/natural science, integrated MSc, integrated BSc-MS can apply. As many as 23 branches have been listed on the website.

The students who have passed undergraduate courses with 75 per cent marks will continue to receive the scholarship for post-graduation studies. Half of the scholarship is reserved for female students and 10% for those from Scheduled Caste/Tribe categories. The selection will be made by preparing a special rank list categorizing mathematical/physical /life science and total aggregate of marks in science. The scholarship is 30 per cent, 40 per cent and 30 per cent respectively for the three categories.

The scholarship to be received for five years for each category respectively is as follows; Rs 12,000/18,000/24,000/40000/60,000. Besides eight students will be offered an internship at ISER in Thiruvananthapuram.

The Head, Women Scientist Division  Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and  Environment, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram - 695004, Phone: 0471-2548346, mail:, web:

The comments posted here/below/in the given space are not on behalf of Onmanorama. The person posting the comment will be in sole ownership of its responsibility. According to the central government's IT rules, obscene or offensive statement made against a person, religion, community or nation is a punishable offense, and legal action would be taken against people who indulge in such activities.