Those who are glued to sports on TV are unaware of the sheer hard work and dedication required in the field of sports management. The working of sports federations and associations, money management and the distribution of work are areas that require professional training. Especially those who are professionally trained in Sports Management, Marketing, Finance, Business, Law, Media Relations and Psychology.
Important institutions and courses for Sports Management in India
1) Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata: Graduates can apply for their 1-year PG Diploma in Sports Management.
2) National Academy for Sports Management (www.nasm.edu.in)
• MBS Sports Management (2-year course) is available at Mumbai, Jodhpur and Jaipur.
• Along with these above-mentioned places, Ahmedabad, and Delhi, they are offering Graduates a 1-year PG Diploma Course in Sports Management.
• There is a BBA Sports Management 3-year course available at Mumbai, Jaipur, and Jodhpur.
• Along with these above-mentioned cities, Ahmedabad, and Delhi, they are offering UG Diploma in sports management for a year. Plus-two pass-outs can apply.
3) International Institute of Sports Management, Mumbai
• Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management is a 3-year course affiliated with the Mumbai University.
• Master’s degree in Sports Management is a 3-year course affiliated with the Mumbai University.
• PGP in Sports and Wellness Management is an 11-month Autonomous Programme.
• PGP in Sports Event Management is an 11-month Autonomous Programme.
4) Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai: MBA Sports Management.
5) Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences, Pune: MBA Sports Management.
6) DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai: MBA Sports Business Management.
7) Sports & Management Research Institute, Sports Hub (Greenfield Stadium) Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram & Karikkamuri, Ernakulam:
• Certified Sports Manager, 6 months, for those who have finished at least 1 year of their MBA/PG/Diploma.
• PG Diploma in Sports Management, 12 months, Graduates.
i) Sports Business, 12 months. Minimum qualification Plus-two
ii) Football Management, 6 months. Minimum qualification Plus-two
iii) Cricket Management, 6 months. Minimum qualification Plus-two
iv) Sports Engineering, 6-8 months. For NG graduates.
v) Executive Diploma in Sports Management, 9 months, 3 months experience in this field as well as proficiency in Spoken English.