Schools can register for 'Attam Paattu', an online arts fete, from Wednesday. Aattam Paattu is organised by Malayala Manorama in association with Jain University.
After registration schools should nominate interested students for various competitions.Any number of students from a school can participate in the fete. Schools from both within and outside Kerala can also take part. Last date for school registration is November 20.
A total of 20 individual competition events
1. Malayalam poetry recitation (Girls)
2. Malayalam poetry recitation (Boys)
3. Mono act (Girls)
4. Mono act (Boys)
5. Mimicry (Girls)
6. Mimicry (Boys)
7. Film song (Girls)
8. Film song (boys)
9. Classical dance - Jati (Girls)
10. Classical dance - Jati (Boys)
11. Folk dance (Girls)
12. Folk dance (Boys)
13. Cinematic dance (Girls)
14. Cinematic dance (Boys)
15. Stand-up comedy (Single category for both girls and boys)
16. Percussion - Tukal vadyam (Single category)
17. Percussion - Sushira vadyam (Single category)
18. Percussion - Tantri vadyam (Single category)
19. Malayalam elocution - (Single category)
20. English elocution - (Single category)
(One student can participate in any number of events).
Competition in two groups
1. Junior group: Students in classes 5, 6,7 and 8.
2. Senior group: Students in classes 9,10,11, and 12.
Students winning the first three prizes at the state-level will get Rs 5,000, Rs 3,000, and Rs 2,000, respectively, along with the certificates.
The school that emerges champion at the state-level will be awarded Rs 25,000 and the trophy. The runner-up school will receive Rs 15,000 and the trophy.
Kalathilakam (girl) and Kalaprathibha (boy) at the state-level will be awarded Rs 10,000 and the trophy.
All students who secure the first 2 places at the district-level will be given certificates.
(All schools outside Kerala will be considered as a single district.)
How to register
* Go to the website www.manoramakalolsavam.com. The schools can register by providing the required information at 'REGISTER SCHOOL'.
* Using the email and the password that were submitted while registering, schools can login at the ‘SCHOOL LOGIN’.
* Once logged in, schools can enrol the students participating in each event. After the student's name has been added by the school authorities, the students will be able to login in the section 'STUDENT LOGIN'.
* Here, the students need to upload the video of their performance in each competition event.
* Last date for uploading the video: November 30.
* Attention: Schools need to provide the email and set the password. An OTP will be sent to the phone number for verification. Students need to log in using the e-mail id and the date of birth. This information must be accurate. Children can also use the phone number and e-mail id of the parents.
The maximum time allotted for each event is 3 minutes. Ensure that each performance can be completed within three minutes. Only one video can be uploaded for one event. The first video to be uploaded will be considered at the regional- and state-level.
Read the manual carefully
The website has the manual for the arts fete that lists the terms and conditions, explanation for each event, instructions, technical guidelines for recording the video, and the topics for elocution. Read this carefully. You can also download the manual.
For details, contact: +91 9446003717 (Only from 10 am to 5pm on working days).