The Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, which is a premier institute under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Health, promotes higher education and research in modern medicine.
Headquartered in Chandigarh, PGIMER has invited applications for a few graduate courses. Interested youth may apply for these courses that are offered at incredibly low fees.
The annual tuition fee is Rs 250. Besides, there is additional fees too.
The selection is based on a 90-minute-long computer-based entrance test in July and August. Applicants must note that there is no centre for entrance test in South Indian cities.
The classes will begin in September.
Refer the prospectus on the website www.pgimer.educ.in for details about application. Click on the link ‘Information for Candidates’.
Address: Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research,
Chandigarh – 160012;
Phone: 0172 2755569.
A) Nursing: The application closes on 24 June.
1. BSc Nursing is a four-year course. There are 93 seats. Admissions are opened only for women.
2. BSc Nursing (post-basic); It is a two-year course having 62 seats. Both men and women can apply.
The computer-based entrance test has been scheduled on 28 July. (Phone: 0172-2755257.)
B) Paramedical Courses: The last date for application is 7 July. The entrance test is on 5 August.
1. Bachelors in Medical Lab Science is a four year course.
2. BSc Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology. This course lasts for 4 years.
3. BSc Radio Therapy Technology is a three-year course.
4. BSc Operation Theatre Technology, 4 years.
5. BSc Medical Technology (Perfusionist), 3 years.
6. BSc Embalming and Mortuary Sciences, 3 years
7. Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, 4 years.
8. BSc Medical Technology (Dialysis Therapy technology), 4 years
9. Bachelor of Optometry, 4 years.
8. Bachelor of Physiotherapy, 4 years.
9. BSc Medical Animation and Audio visual Creation, 3 years.
10. Bachelor of Public Health, 4 years.