The option submission for admission to the engineering and architecture bachelors degree programs in the state could be done until 10 am on 19 September. The first round of allotment would be published on 21 September. Meanwhile, the candidates need to pay the fee within 4 pm on 26 September. Submitting options that reflect your desired course and college is a pivotal task. Besides entering the best options, you should also consider the ones that would secure admission even with low ranks.
G – Government, Aided, Universities
N – Cost Sharing (Colleges where the guardians/ parents and the government share the expenses)
S – Private self financing colleges
The candidates need to check the fee structure in the colleges that fall under these three categories. There would differences in seat sharing strategies and the fee structure between the cost sharing colleges. The courses that are allotted by the commissioner of entrance examination have been divided into three streams.
1. Engineering – The courses described in 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 in the prospectus.
2. Medical – Check 1.3.3 to 1.3.6.
3. Pharmacy – BPharm
Currently, the options could be submitted only for the engineering and architecture courses. The notification for the other streams would be published soon. Meanwhile, self financing architecture colleges aren’t included in this round of option submission as the government order regarding this hasn’t yet been issued.
The options that are given in the website could be changes or rearranged any number of times. However, it is best not to wait until the last moment to make such changes as the server could hang in the ‘last-minute’ rush.
Those who are trying for only engineering or architecture could click options accordingly. Meanwhile, those who are trying for both could submit options likewise.
1. Make sure that you are familiar with the codes of the courses and the colleges. The codes of engineering courses are given on page 118 in the prospectus. The colleges codes too are in the prospectus. The course code has two alphabets while the college codes have three alphabets. For example, EE denotes Electrical and Electronics, AR for Architecture, TVE for College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram, CDP for College of Dairy Sciences and Technology Pookode.
2. The instructions and guidelines in the prospectus (pages 68 – 79) should read and understood.
3. The candidate can register an option only in the streams that are eligible to apply. A combination of a college and course is called an option. Even though the combinations ME – TCR and CH – TCR are for the same colleges, both are different options.
4. You should decide the order of options only after considering your rank, interest, desired stream, scope of that stream in the job market, capability to pay the fee, reservation guidelines, quality of the institute, campus recruitment and the distance from your house to the campus.
5. Do not forget to note down your six digit roll number, seven digit application number and the password that was used for submitting application. Moreover, this information should not be shared with anyone.
6. Click on the link KEAM 2022 – Candidate Portal in the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in and enter the application number, password and the access code. Next is option registration via the Option Registration link.
7. All the courses in every stream and the code combinations would appear on this page. You could then submit the options by following the criteria the website. Click against the desired course – college combination and number them in the order of preference. Do not forget to save the options that you have submitted.
8. The candidate can rearrange the order of each combination at any time. Besides, you could also delete the unwanted ones.
9. Take the printed copy of the page after you have submitted the options. Besides, do not forget to log out of the page.
10. The last saved information would be saved in the system as our option list. In case you need to alter this, log into the website and change the options. The options in the system could be changed until they are frozen by the commissioner of entrance examination.
11. You would get an idea about your admission prospects after the first allotment that gets published on 18 September as per clause 11.5.10 in the prospectus.
12. If the candidate gets a higher option, then transfer to lower options isn’t allowed.
13. You wouldn’t get admission to a college or a course even if there are vacancies or you are eligible if you have not chosen that option.
14. The government seat and the management seat in the cost sharing colleges should be considered as separate options. The selection to the management seats where the fee is high, too is done through the process of option submission. The fee structure in the self financing colleges may vary.
15. The candidates must note that the fee for the food technology courses in three different universities varies up to eight fold.
16. The commissioner of entrance examinations would freeze the web page after the last date for option submission and the candidates would be allotted the best among the submitted options. The selection list would then be published in the website. The candidates could pay the fee as per their course until 4 pm on 26 September via online or at the nearest post office. Those who do not pay the fee within the stipulated time wouldn’t be considered for admission to that stream.
17. Lots of applicants would be out of the selection process as they do not pay the fee on time. So, eligible candidates would be admitted in their higher options in these vacancies. Those who get admission like this might even have to pay additional fee. In case the candidate has paid extra amount, this would be refunded after the admission process gets over. This would ensure that some of you might get an upgrade while those who weren’t included in the first allotment too might get admission. This process would continue until the admission closes.
18. The candidates should reach the colleges on the specified date with original documents and secure admission. As the verification of the documents haven’t been done until this stage, some of the candidates might not be able to secure admission due to errors or inaccuracy in the documents. The candidate’s name would be removed from the stream if they do not report at the college for admission.
19. After the first allotment, those who need an upgrade should log into the home page of the website and click ‘Confirm’. The candidate can rearrange the options or cancel the unwanted ones only if they do the confirmation. The higher options of those who do not submit confirmation would be lost. These wouldn’t be considered in the next allotments. However, they could retain the option that they had already been allotted. This criterion would be applicable for the allotments that follow (11.6.4 in the prospectus).
20. The list of option facilitation centres and the post officers where you could pay the fee are given in the website. You could seek help or support at the facilitation centres to submit the options if required. There are links in the candidate portal that could help you retrieve your application number or password in case you have forgotten it.
21. For more details, click on the link KEAM 2022 in the website https://cee-kerala.org. Phone – 0471 2525300.
You could submit options until 10 am on 19 September. The trial allotment is on 18 September while the first allotment would be published on 21 September. The candidates could pay the fee until 4 pm on 26 September. Meanwhile, the candidates whose entrance results have been withheld should rectify the mistakes within 10 am on 18 September.
Points to remember
The list of the colleges and the free structure in each college are given in the option notification. Besides, the courses that are offered at each college are in the prospectus.
The candidate should wisely choose between course and college in case your desired courses are not offered at your preferred college.
The parents too should be made part of your decision making process to avoid a difficult situation where you submit a combination that has a high fee structure and cannot cancel it later.
It is important to choose the colleges wisely. Even though all the colleges have approval, the quality and fee structure may vary.
Candidates whose results have been withheld due discrepancies in the application too can submit options. They would be considered for allotment if they make the rectify the mistakes by 10 am on 18 September.
Keep checking the websites for any new updates from the commissioner of entrance examination.