The National Institute of Immunology (NII), an autonomous research institution under the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, offers doctoral programmes. Candidates interested in pursuing research toward their PhD in Biological and related sciences can submit applications online till January 20.
(National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi – 110 067; www.nii.res.in; (Ph) – 011-26717101; email@example.com)
The institute imparts long-term research training, while the PhD degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi. The students can obtain PhD in broad interdisciplinary areas like Immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease/ Molecular and Cellular/ Chemical/ Structural and Computational Biology.
Those having any one of the following qualifications and final-year students can apply
• M Sc/ MBBS/ M Tec/ MVSc/ MFarm/ Integrated MSc in any of the Science branches (eg: Biology, Physics, Maths, Chemistry) or an equivalent qualification as per the JNU stipulated guidelines.
• The candidates should have scored at least 60 % marks in Plus -Two and Degree levels and 55% in Masters Degree. Those from the SC/ST/Economically backward/ Physically handicapped sections can avail 5 % relaxation in marks.
• Those who appear for the Final year exams should possess the required qualification at least during the time of admission.
There are reservations as per the guidelines issued by the Centre.
There are two processes for selecting candidates.
• The computer-based entrance exam to be held by the institute on February 26, 2023.
• JGEEBILS-2023 (Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology & Inter-disciplinary Life sciences.
The candidates are short-listed based on their performance in any one of these examinations and a list published on April 15. The interviews of these short-listed candidates will be held from June 6 to 13 before the final selection of scholars is made. The programme will start on July 30.
The application fee is Rs 1,200 for the General category and Rs 600 for SC/Economically backward/Physically handicapped category students.
Those selected will be provided Rs 31,000 per month as Junior Research Fellowship. Those already eligible for CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT, and DST fellowships can receive the same as per the legal provisions.