Thiruvananthapuram: The trial allotment list for admission to the first year higher secondary courses (Plus One / Class 11) in Kerala will be published at 4 pm on June 13.
Candidates can login on the website www.admission.dge.kerala.gov.in till 5 pm on June 15 to check their chances for admissions. Corrections or additions could be made till this deadline through the link ‘edit application’ on the candidate login. A ‘final confirmation’ also should be given.
This is the last chance to make corrections in the application, said authorities. Students who need help in this regard can approach help-desks at high schools and higher secondary schools, they added.
Allotments which are made based on wrong information given in the applications will be cancelled, said the authorities.
As many as 4,58,773 students have applied for the admissions with Malappuram heading the list of districts with 80,764 applicants.
“The 81 additional batches allotted last year have been retained this year also. Thirty per cent marginal seats (15 seats) have been allowed in a batch at schools which have made a request in this regard,” said an officer.
Moreover, the government has issued an order shifting 14 batches from schools in southern districts facing a shortage of students to Malappuram, where there are excess students.
The first main allotment will take place on June 19 and the last allotment of the first phase is on July 1. Classes are scheduled to start on July 5.
Meanwhile, Education Minister V Sivankutty said that the Director of General Education has been asked to examine whether more Plus One seats are lying vacant in aided schools.
“We will take all measures to solve the issue to shortage of seats in northern districts. Allegations that Malappuram district is being given a raw deal are baseless. A permanent solution will be found for all the problems related to Plus One admissions next year,” said the Minister.