Kochi: Officials have begun all preparations to resume Kochi Metro services from September 7.
The Metro had stopped services from March 23 when the COVID-19 lockdown was imposed in the country.
The service will resume with the 7am Metro on Monday.
Stations are being cleaned and disinfected, and the staff given training on the safety protocol for passengers.
Even when the services were suspended, the trains were disinfected twice a week. When the services are resumed, the trains would be disinfected every four hours.
The platforms, counters, AFC gate, chairs on the platform, elevator buttons and escalators will also be disinfected every four hours.
The temperature inside the coach will be maintained at 26 degrees Celsius. Seating arrangements for passengers will be in line with the social distancing norms.
Only 75 people will be allowed in one Metro train. Before lockdown, 900 passengers could travel in the train.
The Metro will not conduct services from 1pm to 2pm on September 7 and 8. Also, the services will be stopped by 8pm on both these days.
• Services will be from 7am to 9pm on other days
• On Sundays, the service will start at only 8am
• The last train would depart from Aluva and Thaikoodam stations by 9pm
• Metro will conduct services every 10 minutes
• The doors will remain open for 20 seconds at the station for better air circulation and to ensure that the passengers can board or alight without any rush
• The doors would be kept open for 5 minutes at Thaikoodam and Aluva stations after every journey
Kochi1 card validity to be extended
Passengers will not lose out on the remaining money in their Kochi1 cards. These can be used in the coming days. Around 84,000 Kochi1 cards have been issued till now.