This year, Onam is most likely to be celebrated in homes, ditching the grand outdoor festivities. Here are some tips to make your homemade Onasadya special and delicious.
• Try buying the ingredients and other things a few days before Thironam to avoid the last-minute rush. Keep aside the vegetables that are bought from outside for some time before washing them and storing in the fridge. Wrap the veggies in tissue or cotton cloth to retain freshness
• Instead of buying ready-to-use vegetables that are already peeled and cut buy smaller yet whole ones
• Dip the yam in the water while cutting to avoid scratching or irritation on the skin
• Try to dispose of all the paper bags or wrappers that are brought from outside as soon as you reach home
• You could easily prepare the sadya at home if you plan the dishes and buy the ingredients at least three days before the Thiruonam day.