Thiruvananthapuram: The annual fee for MBBS courses in self-financing colleges across Kerala has been fixed.
The fee across 19 self-financing colleges will be between Rs 6.22 to Rs 7.65 lakh. The fee for NRI seats in all colleges has been fixed at Rs 20 lakh. Of this, Rs 5 lakh will be set aside to provide scholarship to the poor students.
Even though a case is pending before the Supreme Court, Justice R Rajendra Babu Committee issued the order fixing the fee temporarily for including the details in the prospectus.
This year's annual fee for different colleges (last year's fee within brackets)
• Azeezia, Kollam; Believers Church College, Thiruvalla; CSI College, Karakonam; Jubilee, Thrissur; MES College, Perinthalmanna; Pushpagiri, Thiruvalla; Sree Gokulam, Venjaramoodu; Al Azahar, Thodupuzha; Amala, Thrissur; Malabar, Kozhikode; Malankara Orthodox Church College, Kolenchery; and Travancore College, Kollam - Rs 6,55,500 (Rs 6.16 lakh).
• DM Wayanad - 7,01200 (6.589)
• Karuna, Palakkad 6,32,800 (5.945)
• KMCT, Kozhikode 6,48,500 (6.094)
• P K Das, Palakkad 7,07,000 (6.644)
• SN Institute, North Paravoor, 7,65,400 (7.192)
• Mount Sion, Adoor 6,50,600 (6.113)
• SUT, Thiruvananthapuram 6,22,800 (5.852).
The fee could be revised later in accordance with the impending Supreme Court verdict
S Ayesha, A Lulu and Saneesh Ahmed secured the first, second and third ranks respectively in the state medical rank list published the other day on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) score. The Commissioner for Entrance Exams will grant admission to medical and allied courses from this rank list.