Craftsman training courses are offered at the skill-training institutes in Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram as part of the national-level training organised by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
The applications for admission to the 2022–23 academic year could be submitted until 15 July.
There are three programmes here for candidates who have passed Class Ten.
1. Electrician (power distribution) is for 2 years.
2. IoT technician (smart health care) is a 1-year course
3. Solar technician (electrical) is a 1-year course.
Address: National Skill Training Institute, Govindapuram, Kozhikode - 673016, Phone: 7838590459, website: www.nsticalicut.dgt.gov.in.
Admission is only for women here.
The courses are:
1. Architectural draftsman is a two-year course for those who have passed Class Ten.
2. Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA) is a one-year course. Candidates who have passed Class-Ten can apply.
3. DTP Operator is a one-year course for candidates who have passed Class Ten.
4. IoT Technician (smart city) lasts for a year. The minimum eligibility is Class Ten pass.
5. Secretarial Practise is a one-year course offered for those who have passed Class Ten.
6. Smart Phone Technician-cum-App Tester course is only for 6 months. The eligibility is Class- Ten pass.
7. Dress Making is another one-year course. It is for candidates who have passed Class Eight.
Address: National Skill Training Institute for Women, Kazhakoottam, Thiruvananthapuram – 695562, Phone: 6282801343, Website: httpps://nstwitrivandrum.dgt.gov.in.
The application form could be downloaded from the respective websites. The filled–in applications should be sent to the respective centres, along with the registration fee, within 15 July.
There will be a meagre tuition fee for the courses. Log into the websites for detailed information.