Non-stick pans have become such an integral part of our kitchens so that they are the go-to cookware for most of the dishes – from gravies to fries. However, one nagging issue about non-stick pans is that the coating gets damaged easily and the vessels become unusable.
To save you from tossing your old pan so soon and shelling out frequently to buy new ones, Onmanorama here made a list of things to notice while using non-stick cookware.
Follow these six tips to make your non-stick pan last longer and perform better:
1. Rub some cooking oil on the non-stick surface before cooking in it for the first time.
2. Dishes become perfect when cooked on low or medium flame. Cooking on high flame can burn the dish, waste the fuel or even damage the non-stick pan.
3. Make sure to use only wooden spoons or spatula in non-stick pans.
4. Wash the pan only after it has cooled down completely.
5. Soak the pan in warm, soapy water and gently scrub using a sponge. Do not use ash, scrubber or wire mesh to clean the non-stick pan.
6. Wipe the pan well after washing.