Applications can be submitted for free vocational courses at the institutions run by the Institute of Human Resources Development (IHRD) till September 15. These courses have been initiated by the National Backward Classes Development Corporation.
The applicant must be from the OBC category with an annual family income of less than Rs 3 lakh or economically backward with an annual family income of less than Rs 1 lakh. The applicants should be in the 18 to 45 years age group.
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) of 12 months.
Institute: College of Engineering, Adoor, Phone - 85470 05100.
2. Diploma in Computerised Financial Accounting (DCFA) is a six-month course.
Institute: IHRD Extension Centre at Kundara. Phone – 85470 05090.
3. Electrician (Domestic solutions): Qualification: SSLC.
Institutes: (i) Model Finishing School, Thiruvananthapuram Phone - 85470 05050. (ii) College of Applied Science in Kozhikode, 94462 558723. (iii) College of Applied Science at Puthuppally, 85470 05040. (iv) Model Polytechnic College at Painavu, 94968 22245. (v) IHRD Extension Centre at Thavanur, 86067 48935. (vi) Technical Higher Secondary, Varadium, 94970 72620.
4. Field Technician (other home appliances): Qualification: SSLC.
Institutes: (i) Model Finishing School in Thiruvananthapuram, 85470 05050. (ii) Model Finishing School in Ernakulam, 0484 2985252.
* Under the National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM), courses on electrician for domestic solutions and field technician for other home appliances are also offered. Qualification: SSLC.
Institutes: (i) Model Finishing School in Ernakulam, 0484 29852522. (ii) Model Finishing School in Thiruvananthapuram, 85470 05050 (iii) College of Applied Science in Kozhikode, 94462 558723.
Applicants for the above NULM courses must be permanent residents within the corporation or municipality limits. Also, they should belong to the BPL category or have an annual family income of less than Rs 1 lakh.
Age: 18 to 30 years.