Bengaluru: Azim Premji University, Bengaluru, is inviting applications for its new four-year undergraduate programmes designed and structured in line with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. The programmes aim to prepare and nurture highly motivated, socially conscious and reflective young citizens capable of self-learning.
The programmes consist of four integrated elements- a rigorous disciplinary major, an interdisciplinary component combined with an intensive internship focused on occupational readiness, a set of foundational courses designed to develop capacities to engage effectively with the world, and a whole series of flexible credits to permit wide exploration of interests.
The Undergraduate programmes offered at the University in Bengaluru are:
• Four-year BA Honours in Economics / English / History / Philosophy / Social Science
• Four-year BSc Honours in Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics / Environmental Science and Sustainability
• Four-year Bsc and BEd in Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics
• Prepares students to become active, self-directed learners with capacities for critical understanding and thinking.
• Engage with the challenging social realities in India.
• Develop the disciplinary understanding, in-depth, of a chosen major subject.
• Acquire interdisciplinary breadth and practical knowledge that provide occupational opportunities and employability in domains of interest.
• Explore a wide range of subjects and specializations.
Admission process and dates
The admission process will follow two steps: Round 1 and 2.
Students can apply online on the University website. Applicants will be selected based on a written test, following which personal interviews will be conducted for the shortlisted students.
The University is explicitly committed to building an inclusive and diverse student body. It offers extensive need-based scholarships, covering Tuition Fees, accommodation expenses and food charges.
The classes will be conducted at the University campus at Sarjapur-Attibele Road on the outskirts of Bangalore. Spread over 100 acres, the University hosts state-of-the-art facilities to enable an effective teaching-learning experience and a vibrant campus life.
It will be a self-contained learning and living space with hostel accommodation for students, guest stays, library, auditorium, amphitheatre, and sports complex with outdoor and indoor games.
For details, contact
Address: Azim Premji University, Burugunte Village, Sarjapur Hobli, Anekal Taluk, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 562125