Plus-One admission process to start from June 2

Plus One admissions
Photo: Representational/ File Image

Thiruvananthapuram: The prospectus for admission to Higher Secondary first-year course (Plus-One) of the 2023-24 academic year has been published. The admission process will start on June 2 and will conclude on August 7. The classes will start on July 5 after completing the first leg of admissions.

The recommendations of the Prof V Karthikeyan Nair Committee, which studied the issues related to Plus-One admission, including batch and seat rearrangement, were not considered for this year’s admission.

Managements of aided schools controlled by community organizations can conduct the admissions to the community quota in these schools on their own. However, the government will provide the software to prepare the rank list online for the same. The vacant seats will be categorized as general merit seats, and allotment will be made to the same. Any admission conducted in contravention of this can be reconsidered and canceled by the Director of Public Instruction (DPI).


Reservation should be ensured in admission to each batch of unaided schools. The merit seats come to 40%, while Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) quotas account for 12% and 8% of the seats. The admission to these 60% seats should be by adhering to merit and reservation norms. The rest 40% is the Management quota.

The vacant reservation and management quota seats will be considered general merit seats after a stipulated date and admissions will be made.

Schools to publicise details

Details including grade points of all admissions should be displayed on the school notice board. The grace marks in SSLC Examination will not be considered as bonus points in Plus-One admission. The maximum bonus point for an applicant is 10.

The applicants who couldn’t successfully pass the qualifying examination on the first chance will face the prospect of a deduction of one point perchance from the total grade point (minus point). Those who qualified through the SAY (Save-A-Year) Exam in the first chance will not attract minus points.

The comments posted here/below/in the given space are not on behalf of Onmanorama. The person posting the comment will be in sole ownership of its responsibility. According to the central government's IT rules, obscene or offensive statement made against a person, religion, community or nation is a punishable offense, and legal action would be taken against people who indulge in such activities.