New Delhi: Here is a timeline of what happened to the IAF helicopter carrying Chief of Defence Staff Bipin Rawat and others that crashed near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu on Wednesday.
• IAF's Embraer aircraft carrying Rawat, his wife and other defence personnel takes off from Palam airbase in Delhi for Sulur airbase near Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu
• Aircraft lands at Sulur airbase
• IAF's Mi17V5 chopper, with Rawat, his wife and 12 defence personnel onboard, departs from Sulur airbase for Defence Services Staff College in Wellington
• Helicopter crashes near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
• IAF confirms that its Mi17V5 chopper with Rawat onboard has crashed near Coonoor
• IAF announces that Rawat, his wife and 11 other people onboard the chopper have died in the crash.
• One defence personnel, Group Captain Varun Singh, survived the crash with injuries and is being treated at the military hospital in Wellington, the IAF added.