In this changing world, the education sector is also going through many revising and modifications. Though online education has been part of our educational system for a while, it’s only last year that it became such an important tool in our education.
The changes are opening new teaching methods as well. In the field of technology, Engineering and Medicine, newer courses and job opportunities are sprouting. Even the traditional form of teaching is getting spruced up according to the changing times. Not just in the field of science and technology but also in areas like Humanities, Commerce, Management, Law and Arts, newer education methods are being introduced. And you should decide on your Higher Education plans based on these. The deal should be to pick the best Institute to learn your favourite subject.
Not just academic brilliance
Some area would require other skills than plain academic brilliance. Communication skills, problem-solving ability, technical know-how, hard work and dedication are also equally important. The eligibility test results aren’t going to reflect such skills. They only reflect your intuition, language, and accountability.
Psychologists argue that the brain has various compartments like interpersonal, bodily-kinesthetic, musical, naturalistic, visual, spatial, moral, and emotional. And each will be beneficial for various kinds of career.
How to pick
There are a lot of options to choose from and it can be mindboggling to make that selection. We had already mentioned the importance of picking a subject you prefer considering its potential in the job market. Do consider the course details, focus, higher education potential, and career possibilities.
There are other things to take into consideration when you choose your course. The courses that are deemed popular and trendy need not have many opportunities. Make sure you only pick the best institutes to study specialized courses like Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Aerospace Engineering.
New generation programmes need not offer great job opportunities. The location of the campus is especially important. Equally important is an opportunity to engage with the potential companies you are planning to get hired which will also help in placement opportunities.
Students also have some confusion regarding certain course content. For example, some think that biology is the main subject in biomedical engineering and Agricultural Engineering. But these are fundamentally Engineering branches. Biology and Chemistry have a minimum focus here.
Opportunity in every field
Some think traditional courses are getting extinct. There are many takers for those who are trying to find novelty in Engineering and Science and Humanities. But please note that Engineering branches like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Electronics, Computer Science, Fundamental Science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Statistics, Maths and Humanities subjects like Sociology, History, English, Politics are evergreen. There won’t be any dearth of opportunities for those who pass out from reputed institutes with high marks.
And not surprisingly India boats of premium institutes that offer the best coaching in these branches. For instance, there are IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology) for Engineering, For research, there are IISE (Indian Institute of Specialized Education), ISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research), NISER (National Institute of Science Education and Research) and for Humanities JNU, Delhi University, EFLU (English and Foreign Languages University), TISS (Tata Institute of Social Sciences), for Law, there are National Law Universities, to study Design there are NID (National Institute of Design), IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and for Fashion technology, there is NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) and for Hotel Management there is IHM (Institute of Hotel Management).
Make sure to be prepared well in advance before applying for these institutes. Except for Engineering and Medical Entrance examinations, all the other entrance exams will have Maths, General Knowledge, English, aptitude test to access your favourite subject and other multiple option questions.
It’s advisable to pursue further studies after engineering. If you’re a BTech student, then you can prepare for the GATE exam. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an exam that tests the comprehensive understanding of undergraduate engineering subjects.
With an excellent GATE score, you can enter prestigious engineering colleges (IITs and NITs) for MTech. MTech is one of the preferred courses after engineering. If you aren’t interested in the GATE exam, you can also prepare for JAM. You can enter academics and research in your field of engineering. It is one of the best career options after engineering.
Some of the other interesting courses suitable for higher studies include
• MSc In Management and Marketing.
• Master of Applied Ecohydrology (Erasmus Mundus)
• Specialization in Occupational Safety Engineering.
• Master of Education.
• FOREST ENGINEERING Master's degree
Here goes a checklist
Ask yourself these questions before opting for your career.
• What really are my area of interests?
Where to study? How to prepare?
Also, weigh other important points as well
• Will the courses we choose be suitable for us?
• What are its job possibilities?
• Which are the best institutes
• Which are the best coaching centres
• How to get admission?
• Are there experienced teachers?
• How much will be the course fee?
Goals are important. But equally important is your plan of action to reach those goals. Dream big and work for it.
Countries with good higher education system
• Canada: Based on statistics, around 14% of all international students in Canada are comprised of Indian students. The Canadian government has recently introduced immigration policies that bring several benefits to Indian students, such as offering permanent residency to highly skilled students who graduate from a Canadian university.
• Germany: Particularly for master’s degree level, international students enjoy free-tuition in German public universities for various English-taught degrees. Considering the only cost for students is a small semester fee, it’s easy to understand why so many foreign students, including those coming from India, choose Germany as their study abroad destination.
• Australia: One of the reasons why many Indian students choose Australia is the fact that the visa application process for many Asian students has become more relaxed in terms of financial requirements.
• USA: By simply considering any university ranking, U.S. universities are among the world’s best, perfectly blending academics with research and extracurricular activities. Although the education system in the USA attracts an astounding number of international students, universities have a high student satisfaction rate thanks to the numerous student services they provide.