Ali Yavar Yung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Disabilities (AYJNISHD) is an autonomous institute that functions under the aegis of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. Those who wish to pursue a career in training people with hearing and speech disabilities can apply for various programs until 30 June.
Address: Ali Yavar Yung National Institute of Speech and hearing Disabilities, Bandra (West), Mumbai – 400 050. Website: ayjnishd.nic.in.
The institute has centres in Noida, Kolkata, Janla (Odisha), Secunderabad, Bhopal and Ahmedabad. These are the programs offered at each centre:
1. MSc Audiology is offered in the centres in Mumbai and Secunderabad.
2. MSc Speech Language Pathology is available in Kolakata centre
3. Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology is offered in Mumbai, Kolkata, Noida and Secunderabad centres.
4. Candidates can join for Diploma in Hearing, Language and Speech at Noida, Janla and Bhopal.
5. Med Special Education (Hearing Impairment) course is available in Mumbai.
6. BEd Special Education (Hearing Impairment) are offered at Mumbai, Kolkata, Secunderabad and Janla.
7. Diploma in Special Education (Hearing Impairment) are offered at Kolkata, Noida, Secunderabad and Janla.
8. Courses like Diploma in Indian Sign Language Interpreter are available in Mumbai and Kolkata.
9. PG Diploma in Auditory Verbal Therapy – Mumbai
10. PG Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology is offered in Bhopal
11. Diploma in Special Education (Autism Spectrum Disorders) – Bhopal
12. Diploma in Special Education (Intellectual Disability) is available in Ahmedabad centre.
The admission to these programs is through the various entrance tests conducted by AYJNISHD, West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and Rehabilitation Council of India, and also the admission portal of the Madhya Pradesh Higher Education Department. Log into the website for more details about the courses and the entrance tests.