Ulli curry or a spicy gravy made with shallots is incredibly tasty and pairs perfectly well with rice, chapathi or dosa. However, most people refrain from making the curry as peeling the shallots is quite a task.
Shallots are nutritious than onions and are extremely beneficial for the human body. Interestingly, shallots are added in many Ayurvedic and herbal medicines too.
Here is an easy way to peel these red pearls without hurting your eyes:
• First, cut off the top and bottom parts of the shallots.
• Soak the shallots in lukewarm water for two minutes.
• Now, rub off the skin using your fingers.
• You could also remove the skin like this by soaking the shallots in normal water for at least five minutes.
• Wipe the shallots before storing them in an air tight container.
• Store this container in the fridge to keep them fresh longer.