Thiruvananthapuram

31°C

Haze

Enter word or phrase

Look for articles in

Last Updated Wednesday November 25 2020 04:04 PM IST

Attacked Malayalam actress breaks silence, warns of legal action against false campaign

Text Size
Your form is submitted successfully.

Recipient's Mail:*

( For more than one recipient, type addresses seperated by comma )

Your Name:*

Your E-mail ID:*

Your Comment:

Enter the letters from image :

Pulsar Suni Pulsar Suni, the main accused in the actress attack case. Photo: Onmanorama/File

Thrissur: The Malayalam movie actress who was attacked by a gang of criminals on a highway near Kochi in February said that she would resort to legal action against the persons who made unnecessary comments on her. She said that she could not say who was behind the attack because she did not had any evidence with her.

The actress said she was pained by an actor's comments linking her with Pulsar Suni, the prime accused in the case. She was apparently referring to actor Salim Kumar's Facebook post seeking to subject the actress and Suni to lie-detector test. Salim Kumar later apologized for the comment which drew flak from various corners.

The sensational case, which shocked the state, surfaced in media reports again recently after actor Dileep and director Nadhirshah complained to the police about being blackmailed by Suni for not dragging the former's name into the case.

The full version of the press release from the actress:

Dear friends in media,

I had remained silent on the attack against me in February because top police officers had asked me to. They had told me that a public discussion would affect the investigation negatively. That is the reason I chose not to react so far. I write this note now because a lot of reports are coming in media. When the reports had trickled down at one point, there was a campaign that the case has been settled. Now you know that was not so. I will proceed with the case.

Read: Pulsar Suni's co-prisoners arrested for conspiracy, no case on Dileep's complaint

Here's what Women in Cinema Collective say about actor abduction case controversies

The investigation is progressing in all fairness. I have complete faith in the police. I have told all details of the case to the police officers. I have obliged them whenever they wanted any information, no matter how busy I was. A lot of names are coming up in relation to the case. Even I came to know about all these through media. I have not shared anything with police officers with an intent to punish anyone or to save anyone. I have not mentioned any name in media or social media.

I do not have any evidence to point a finger at any of the persons mentioned in the media. I can’t even deny their involvement because I do not have evidence. I had come across an actor’s comment that the main accused, ‘Pulsar’ Suni, and I were friends and I should have been careful while choosing friends. It pained me a lot. I am prepared to resort to legal action against anyone who makes baseless comments against me. My conscience is clear. I am not afraid of anyone. I can face any investigation. Like all of you, may be much more than that, I wish to bring the guilty before the law. I thank everyone who wishes truth to come out.

Thankfully,

(Name)

Your form is submitted successfully.

Recipient's Mail:*

( For more than one recipient, type addresses seperated by comma )

Your Name:*

Your E-mail ID:*

Your Comment:

Enter the letters from image :

Email ID:

User Name:

User Name:

News Letter News Alert
News Letter News Alert